How To Build A Sparky
Scripts to help build Sparky image
git squashfs-tools kpartx multistrap qemu-user-static samba debootstrap parted dosfstools qemu binfmt-support qemu-utils
It is recommended, not a necessity, to use Debian Jessie 8 (as that's what we are building for).
If on Ubuntu, you may need to remove
$forceyes from line 989 of /usr/sbin/multistrap
- clone the help scripts repo to $HOME :
git clone http://github.com/gkkpch/sparky-build $HOME/sparky-build
- go to $HOME/sparky-build, type
- clone the sparky kernel repo to $HOME/sparky-linux
- clone the official Volumio 2 build repo to $HOME/volumio-build
- place the default platform-sparky files into the volumio-build folder
Build the platform files
- go to $HOME/sparky-build to start the kernel build, type:
In case you don't need kernel config changes, just exit menuconfig. Otherwise do not forget to save the config (via menu or when prompted).
Build Sparky Image
- goto $HOME/volumio-build and type:
sudo ./build.sh -b arm -d sparky -v -<anything to identify>
You can do it separate, rootfs first and then the image:
sudo ./build.sh -b arm sudo ./build.sh -d sparky -v -<anything to identify>
Once you built the arm rootfs, there is no need to repeat this (unless volumio has changed).
For subsequent image builds, just do:
sudo ./build.sh -d sparky -v -<anything to identify>