Contribute to this Doc
Contribute to this Documentation
Everyone knows how tedious it is to write documentation. But it is extremely important for every project, especially for Volumio. So if you find something incomplete, missing or wrong feel free to edit this doc and improve it.
If you don't feel like editing this doc yourself, you can at least tell us what you would change here!
How this doc works
This DOC is powered by DAUX.IO and the source is hosted on the Github Volumio docs repository. To edit it, simply clone it, edit the pages located under /docs and issue a pull request. You can do so either via command line or with a graphical tool, I personally suggest GitKraken.
Cloning and issuing a Pull request
- Clone it
- Edit it
- I suggest Atom.io IDE together with Markdown Preview but any text editor will do
- Make sure you comply with DAUX rules (if you create a new page, don't use spaces but _ and make sure the name ends with .md)
- This doc is written in Markdown language, and automatically converted to html. See the Markdown Cheatsheet to get used to it
- Commit it
git commit -m "Hey I changed this and that"
Issue a pull request
Once your PR gets accepted, in 2 minutes your contribution will be available to the whole community.
See changes live
To see your changes live, just download and launch any XAMMP environment to expose a php-capable local web server, and clone the docs
under your htdocs folder. Docs will update in realtime and will be available under
You don't even need XAMMP.
- make your modifications
- in the top level of the project run:
$ php generate
This will generate the documentation in the
- in your browser, navigate to
- when you are satisfied, commit the changes