More first steps
More first steps
The Volumio main page provides 3 tabs:
- Playback (main page)
We already discovered the Playback tab in the previous page. Now let's see the content of the Browse tab and the Queue tab.
- Clicking on the Browse tab will display all the music sources available on your system, with several options to browse through them.
1 - Favorites
- Favorites : Access your favorite tracks
2 - Playlists
- Playlists : Access your Playlists
3 - Music Library
- Music Library : Access your music collection by storage device, folder and file
4 - Artists
- Artists : Access your library by artist name
5 - Albums
- Albums : Access your library by album title
6 - Genres
- Genres : Access your library by genres
7 - Media server
- Media server : Access any media servers (UPNP/DLNA, Airplay) on your network
8 - Last 100
- Last 100 : List the last 100 tracks played
9 - Web Radio
- Web Radio : Access web radio. Volumio provides a large collection to select from, but you may add your own as well.
Adding a radio
- To add your own radio, click as shown below :
and fill in the fields :
Now your radio is available in My Web Radios
10 - Other
- Other : Depending on the plugins/options you have installed, you may have other items shown on the Browse page such as Spotify, Qobuz...
- Clicking on the Queue tab will display the queue of the tracks that are going to be played and some queue controls.
1 - Random
- Randomize the order tracks are played
2 - Repeat
- Repeat the current track
3 - Save
- Save the current queue as a playlist. Volumio will ask you to name the new Playlist.
4 - Clear queue
- Clear the current queue
5 - Remove track
- Remove track from the queue
You can change the order of each track by clicking and moving it up or down.
This brings us to the end of our first exploration of Volumio. Later pages in this guide give details about the more advanced features.